Gluten-free Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
This is a hybrid of two recipes I found online — one for cinnamon roll muffins, and another for applesauce muffins. I really just wanted to use up some applesauce, but the idea of plain applesauce muffins just didn’t appeal to me as much as this spiced-up version, with oats and walnuts. They are good enough for dessert and wholesome enough to accompany breakfast. Also, a great way to use up that jar of applesauce that’s been sitting in the fridge for too long.
- 1 1/2 c. applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar or equivalent alternative sweetner*
- 1/3 c. grapeseed oil or coconut oil
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1/3 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave plus 5-10 drops stevia
- Preheat your oven 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients and the nuts to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Drizzle small amount of topping onto muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.